How to check in to the Doxy.me Telemedicine platform
We are excited to offer a new option for visits at Valley Pediatrics. We now have Telehealth visits through Doxy.me as a convenience for our patients and families. Doxy.me is secure and there is no software to download. It is HIPAA compliant. No information is saved. The entire exchange is deleted when your visit ends. Doxy.me works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and on Apple and Android phones. Each visit will be scheduled with a specific time slot through our schedulers, just like in-person visits. Once the visit is scheduled you will receive a text or email invitation which will include the web address to connect with us.
At this time, each of our providers has their own address, but this may change shortly, so be sure to connect to the address we send you before your visit. To find out more about it, check out: https://doxy.me/patients
While telemedicine visits can be used for many things, we anticipate using them for medication checks, emotional health or health guidance visits. Telemedicine visits are especially useful in times of infectious disease outbreaks such as COVID-19, measles, and influenza, when office visits may not be ideal.
ALL visits will be scheduled through our front desk but will be reviewed by one of our providers to assure appropriateness. A provider may request that a routine phone call/question be converted to a telemedicine visit. Similarly, during a telemedicine visit, your provider may decide the patient needs to be seen in person. Please be prepared for these possibilities.
Telemedicine visits will be billed to your insurance as an office visit. Most insurance plans cover telemedicine visits as they would an "in office" visit, including usual deductibles and copay requirements. We may need to take a photo of your insurance card during the visit, so please have it available.
We are committed to keeping our patients and their families healthy through this difficult time. Please be patient with us as we work out the best ways to care for everyone in the safest possible way.
- Use a computer, phone or tablet with a camera & microphone.
- Click on the link you were sent or enter your clinician’s doxy.me web address into the browser.
- You must give permission for your browser to use the camera & microphone.
- You will have to accept cookies.
- Type in your name & click check in.
- Your care provider will start the visit once you are in the waiting room.
- Have a good internet connection.
- Restart your device before the visit.
- Use the “Start Test” button in the waiting room.
- Need help? Send a message at https://doxy.me